BEST RATED » STOCKPORT » PLACES TO VISIT

The Best Places To Visit in Stockport

Hand-picked top 3 places to visit in Stockport, UK. 50-Point Inspection includes local reviews, history, trading standards, ratings, satisfaction, trust, price and their general excellence. Only the bee's knees!

STOCKPORT AIR RAID SHELTERS

61 Chestergate, Stockport SK1 1NE

Since 1939

Museum, Tourist Attraction, Historical Places, Exhibitions, Collections, War Displays, Special Events, Artifacts, School Visits, Group Visits, Audio-Guided Tour, Self-Guided Tours, Explorer Tours, Children's Explorer Tours, Private Tours, Family Tour & Shops

Free preliminary visit to teachers - Free Admission for Children under 16 with a paying adult & Leisure Key - The smallest of the tunnel shelters could accommodate 2,000 people and the largest 3,850 - It was subsequently expanded to take up to 6,500 people

Price: Adult £5
Concessions (Ages 60+ & Students) £3.75

Send Email

stockport.gov.uk/topic/ai...

Reviews

Tue - Fri 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Sat 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Mon Closed

TBR® Inspection Report

HAT WORKS MUSEUM

Wellington Road South, Stockport SK3 0EU

Since 2000

Historical Museum, Town Centre, Exhibitions, Hat Collections, Industry Collections, Displays, Family Fun Zone, Educational Programs, Group Visits, School Visits, Programs, Guided Tour, Venue Hire, Special Events & Gift Shops

Free Admission for Children Under 16 with a Paying Adult & Leisure Key - The museum is home to a recreated hat factory with some 20 fully restored working Victorian-style machines and a fantastic collection of over 400 hats from around the world

Price: Adult £5
Concessions (Ages 60+ and Students) £3.75

Send Email

stockport.gov.uk/topic/ha...

Reviews

Tue - Sat 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Mon Closed

TBR® Inspection Report

AVRO HERITAGE MUSEUM

Chester Road, Woodford, Stockport SK7 IAG

Since 2015

Aviation Museum, Heritage Centre, Models of Aircraft Designs, Exhibition Hall, Gallery, Cafe, Reading Rooms, Classrooms, Conference Facilities, Museum Tour, Pre Booked Tours, External Displays, Group Visits, School Visits, Events & Shops

Free Admission for Under 5's - It holds Avro Heritage Trust's collection of over 30,000 artefacts on aircraft development, including over 10,000 artefacts and memorabilia from the site in 11,700 square feet (1,090 m2) of space - 80% of the collection will be on display, with the other 20% on rotation display over the course of a year

Discount: Friends Receive 50% Off for All Aircraft Cockpit Experiences View Deal

Registration 1150163

Price: Adult £8
Children 5-16 Years £4
Concessions (Over 60) £6
Family Tickets (2 Adult + 2 Children) £22
Group Visits £10

avroheritage@gmail.com

avroheritagemuseum.co.uk

Reviews

Summer Hours:
Fri - Sun 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Mon - Thu Closed
Winter Hours:
Mon - Sun 10:00 am - 4:00 pm

TBR® Inspection Report